Welcome to our Family

Read the Toumi Times to see what we are up to!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

First Toumi Slumber Party

After throwing all rational thought out the window, we threw a birthday slumber party. It was expensive, exhausting, and the best thing we've done since summer. One girl had not ever been invited to a peer birthday party. Several had not spent the night. One was so shy it was almost painful. I mediated a resolution to a miscommunication between two factions. I witnessed enough female behavior to write a dissertation; it could be titled Power Sharing Until the Queen Gets the Flu. I witnessed small glimpses of these girls' lives. The deceased mother, the dad kept me and remarried, the high pressure family, the so relaxed that I feel insecure... What are we? The mom works full time dad does not family? I know this, I'm grateful to live in a time and place that we can be ourselves and have the space to watch our children grow. Eight is going to be great!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment